Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Thing I'll Leave Behind

Hey….here’s something else I’m leaving behind to live in Yellowstone National Park.  It’s my luxurious office.

Remember, I’m a social worker.  We don’t get the corner offices with a view of the city.  We get closets, basements and places that don’t meet fire codes.

Currently, this is my palace at a nursing home for people with “behavior” problems.  You don’t even want to know about that.  Odd.  I always have jobs that make friends and family head for the door when I try to regale them with tales of my day.  I think the stories are fascinating…they turn green and gag.

For instance, (grab your barf bag) the dentist uses my office for resident examinations. 
I had only worked there a few months, so I wasn't
clear on what would actually happen when the
dentist visited. 

I’m thinking some cleanings or x-rays.
Maybe I wasn’t thinking at all which
was probably the case.  The next thing I know, we’re talking tooth extractions, right there in front of my desk. My residents don’t exactly care about being socially appropriate so there was a lot of screaming.    
Me and them, I think.

Are we clear now about my work environment?  And look at those wires above my chair.  I have no idea what that is all about.  I’m afraid if I accidently pull one of them, the whole state of Ohio will brown out

In case you’re interested, the gynecologist or proctologist doesn’t use my office.  Yes, I asked that question!    
My days here are few.  I will miss the residents and my co-workers, but it’s time to move on.  Bye, bye my little paradise.  Yellowstone beckons. 

.

6 comments:

mocca_chi said...

hay, judy. it's great that you will be living there. i saw the picture and interest with the yellowstone lake, is it truly looks like the picture in the internet? hahaha

thanks for visit my travel blog.
i will follow your blog . thanks

Anonymous said...

The only thing that'll happen if you hit those wires is possibly kill one's ability to use Google haha.

darlin said...

Those wires look dangerous, don't tell me that this is in my future pleeeease! :-) Mind you it does have character, it's the dentist I can live without!

Judy said...

I don't plan on touching any wires before I leave. I must be able to Google. Don't worry Darlin. The job I'm doing now is at the bottom of the scale for most social work. Actually, I kind of like my crazy people. I fit right in.

Adele said...

Great post. I chuckled the entire reading.

Judy said...

Thanks Adele!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!

 
Copyright 2009 yellowstonedreaming. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator