Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Who, What, Why and When of Yellowstone Dreaming

Who? You can read my profile to find out a little bit about me, and if you stick around for the journey, you'll find out more than you wanted to know. Right now, we're internet daters. I need to make a good first impression so you'll ask for my phone number and then maybe we can do lunch. For now, I'll just say that I'm the Sandra Bullock of social work. I'm as friendly as a puppy, and I have that girl next door quality.

What? I plan on working in Yellowstone Park for six months. No...I'm not going to be a park ranger although I think I would look great in one of those uniforms. I'll be living in a dorm, cleaning rooms at a hotel and eating cafeteria food just like we had in high school. Right now you might be thinking I'm pretty brave for trekking off into the unknown on my own. Well, technically, I won't be alone. My two sons and one of their girlfriends will be going too. The three of them worked at Yellowstone National Park last year and they can't wait to get back. Can you believe that they want the mama to go along? I have been warned that there will be no "mothering" in Yellowstone. I may need to take some duct tape with me.

Why? I'm in a rut. I work, eat, sleep, play games on my computer and basically feel like a beached whale. I've put off writing, quite successfully, for 40 plus years. My excuse is that I've been gathering material. Having just had my 61st birthday, I don't think I should be gathering anymore. There's always the chance that I've learned as much as I ever will and now, I risk the chance of forgetting everything. So, it's time to shake things up. It's time tell everyone that I'm going to have this fantastic blog and to make it happen.

When? We report for duty on April 21st and work until the end of October. I'll try to entertain you with my preparations. There's also a lot more to this story, but one tiny step at a time for all of you with short attention spans.

There will be pictures. There will be drama. Hopefully, there will be a lot of laughs along the way. Let me know if you think I'm crazy. And since I'm asking you to be a part of this, share your thoughts. What have you done to shake your life up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love your Blog Already!! Only 38 days until we start our big adventure... But who's counting!!~~Jamie

eriks44 said...

Well since you asked, I do think you are crazy! But we should have a good time this summer anyway.

Anonymous said...

I want the drama, I want the pictures... and most def want to be laughing while reading this blog... good luck, happy trails, ta ta... and enjoy! I will follow with much anticipation. Teresa aka: The Nut Lady

Anonymous said...

Tim said "that's crazy", when I told him of your bliss-trip. Mind you he didn't say YOU were crazy, but rather that the idea was crazy... I personally think it's awesome and I am SO wishin I had the guts to take such a plunge. Maybe when I retire (at age 92) HA! ANYway, we will be following your story. Watch out for them thar bears! ~Vicki & Tim~(from Digistitch Embroidery) :-) PS: Did you know that Yellowstone is just a giant caldera??

Post a Comment

Talk to me!

 
Copyright 2009 yellowstonedreaming. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator