Friday, March 26, 2010

Christmas Tree Burial Ground

It snowed last night as you can see, but that's not the point of this picture.

I was standing on the deck this morning, playing with my new camera and thought you would like to see how we live.

In the foreground you see the 2009 tree.  If you look back and to the left, you will see the 2008 tree. I think we burned the 2007 tree which showed a lot of initiative on our part. 

Ahhh, the joy of country living.  When we get done with Christmas, we just fling our trees off the deck. 

I do believe the 2009 tree didn't get flung until February some time. The excuse was that it made the family room look festive.  A festive firetrap, actually. 

So what does this have to do with going to Yellowstone?  Just showing you that we live a casual (slovenly) life which should come in handy for living in a dorm.  I was going to take a picture of the garage, but we don't know each other well enough for that. 

Oh yes, Peaches, the useless lap cat says "hey." 

6 comments:

slc said...

Peaches keeps your lap warm while making sure no mice bother you. You call that useless? :)

Judy said...

Kinda sorta. We've had mice and she seemed unconcerned. Guess mice hunting isn't in her job description.

darlin said...

Judy it looks like your camera takes great photos, what type of a camera did you get?

Love the lazy cat thing going on there!

Teresa said...

I am looking to get a newer digital camera... and would like to know what camera you have...

and Peaches looks quite content in where she is at, and what she is doing. What bliss for her.

Judy said...

The new camera is a Nikon Coolpix S570. I don't know much about it yet, but it is easy to use.

darlin said...

That's a cool camera, I just googled it. I'm still trying to figure out my new toys, I bought a Rebel XSi and a Sony DSC-T90, the Sony is to carry in my purse and the Rebel, well what can I say, I like the name? lol

Post a Comment

Talk to me!

 
Copyright 2009 yellowstonedreaming. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator