Sunday, April 4, 2010

Help Your Yellowstone Blogger

This post is for my friends who don't blog, don't really care about it, and are shaking their heads at the whole thing.

I need you to sign up as followers on my blog.

No, it doesn't mean you are sheep, following me off a cliff or something.  Have I ever asked you to do anything dangerous?  There was that one time, but it all turned out fine.

I will lead you through the process, just like the good shepherd I am.

At the bottom right of my blog, under my profile, you will see the Followers heading.  Underneath it are cute pictures of the people brave enough to commit to my blog.  Click on the Follow box and if you don't have a Google account, you will be instructed on how to sign up for one.

Don't be frightened.  Having a Google account doesn't direct lightening to the top of your head.  You won't get mysterious ticking packages on your doorstep.  If you add a picture or an avatar, then you can see yourself in one of those little squares.  Otherwise, you're just a gray, mysterious outline.  Please check the option to follow publicly so I can see you.  That's the whole point here, friends.

Why do I need you to be a follower?  Sure, it makes me feel all warm and tingly, but I have ulterior motives.  Bloggers are part of a big, friendly community.  We scurry around looking for blogs we like.  We become followers of those blogs hoping that someone will check out our blog and become a follower and then, well, it just goes on and on. 

It looks good when a blogger has oodles of followers.  I have 16.  Boring.  I want more!  I know you're reading my blog.  No, I haven't hacked into your computer.  I can look at the statistics.

Now, if I had you at signing up for a Google account, I'm going to annoy you even more and ask you to make some comments.

At the bottom of each post, there is a spot for comments.  You can do it....just click on comments right after the time I posted.

Wasn't that cool?  You can see comments other people have made.  Kind of like reading my diary.  Click on Post a Comment and let it rip.  If you don't have a blog, just click on the box under your comment that will say Jim (Google).  Of course, instead of Jim, it will have your name.  I don't even know a Jim, but I'll know you. 

Then you'll have to copy those nonsense words that keep the robot spammers out.  Can you figure this out?  I don't have ignorant friends so I know you can do it.



Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Have I told you lately that I love you?

And could you do me one more teeny favor?

My friend, Teresa, started a blog sofullofthissofullofthat.blogspot.com.  Check it out, sign up as a follower (now that you're a pro) and give her a big "atta girl."

Well, my little sheep, that wasn't so baaaaaaaaaaaad was it?  Sorry.  Tomorrow, I'll get back to Yellowstone Dreaming, packing, anxiety, etc. 

You'll be there, right?

3 comments:

darlin said...

Judy, I do talk to you! lol Now I'll wander over to Teresa's blog and say hello and see what she's up to over there.

Judy said...

Darlin, you are the best little blogger around. I appreciate your comments.

Jamie said...

Judy, You are something. I just got caught up on your little blog. Made me giggle all the way through. You are a funny lady. I may have to make a trip down to Yellowstone (I am only an hour away) to have you do a stand-up show for me.

You will have a slew of followers before you know it.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!

 
Copyright 2009 yellowstonedreaming. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator